Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Featured Author Sharon Kay

Hey Bookies! I had the pleasure of interviewing our featured author, Sharon Kay! She is an amazing author and I can't wait for you guys to get to know her and her wonderful books! ~ Leslie

Displaying Sharon photot shoot 048 crop2 (Large).jpg
Sharon Kay was bitten early by the writing bug.  At age twelve she wrote a short story, about a magic ring,that won a statewide Young Authors contest.  With her nose always in a book, she read the most novels for her age group in her local library’s summer reading program.

In her teens, writing took a back seat to fashion, as she was determined to find clothes different from what everyone else bought at the mall.  And what she couldn’t find, she created.  She learned to sew, worked in a fabric store after school, and spent her spare time with a needle in hand.  Her black and orange prom dress is still one of her favorite creations.

Sharon lives in the Chicago area with her husband and son, and didn’t expect to write again.  But Wicked Wind and the Solsti series formed in her head one weekend and refused to stay quiet until she put pen to paper.  Her characters tend to keep her up at night, as they banter, fall in love, and slay endless varieties of power-hungry demons.

Sharon loves to hear from readers!  You can find her at:

Sharonkay.novels@gmail.com
Twitter: @sharonkaynovels

1.Where are you from? I’ve lived in Illinois my whole life.
2.When you aren't writing what do you like to do with your time? watch movies with my hubby or work out
3. Did you always know you wanted to be a writer? NO WAY
4. What inspired your book? The idea formed in my head one weekend and wouldn’t go away until I wrote it down. My characters were very pushy!
5. If you could control an element what would you want it to be? Water. It would be amazing to send water where it’s needed in the world.
6. Are any characters or experiences based off of your life or someone you know? I add little things from my life to my books, like living in Chicago or nearby. Nicole likes to work out and so do I. I have her eat my favorite foods, like deep dish Chicago style pizza, Chinese food, and black coffee. But the character who is the most like me is the third sister, Gin. You’ll read her story in Wicked Flames.
7. If your books were made into a movie who would be your dream cast? Oh, this is a tough one! For Wicked Waves, I’d cast Chris Hemsworth as Kai and Anne Hathaway as Brooke – but she’d need to wear gray contact lenses and get a bad-ass attitude!
8. Which writer, if any, would you consider a mentor? Two authors who I look up to are Lara Adrian and Nalini Singh. Their books are amazing on all levels!
9. What are your current projects? I’m making revisions to Wicked Flames, due in July, and plotting a novella about a minor character from Wicked Waved.
10. What is something you hate doing? Why? Cleaning! It’s no fun!
11. Do you ever write naked? :) While under the influence? LOL, no and no! But having a beverage can spark a lot of ideas (then the next day half of them get tossed out)!
12. What is your favorite drink? Coffee and red wine
13. If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be? Doctor Jane from Lover Unbound (the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J R Ward) because not only is she smart and doesn’t put up with anyone’s crap, she ends up with Vishous!! (my favorite Brother)!
14. Tell us something no one knows about you. A few people, like my dad, know this, but most don’t: I used to change the oil in my car. Myself!
15. Most embarrassing story? Freshman year of high school, my best friend and I cooked a frozen pizza but put it in the oven upside down. MAJORLY embarrassing! And messy!
16. Biggest pet peeve? when people sweat the small stuff
17. Ebooks or Paperback? I used to say I love to hold a book, but once I got a Kindle I never looked back!
18. Do you judge a book by its cover? No. I choose books based on friend recommendations, book blurbs, or my fave authors.
19. Do you listen to music while you write? What is your current favorite? I need quiet when I write, but when I’m on the treadmill I always listen to music to help work through scenes. I visualize them while I run, and I listen to anything with a fast beat.
20. Puppies or Kittens? kittens
21. Favorite Food? pasta or seafood
22. Favorite bad habit? Portillo’s beef and cheddar croissant
23. Go to Author?  Larissa Ione. Her Demonica series is amazing!
Displaying New eBook.jpgDisplaying wicked_waves_eBook_cover.jpg

Check out this excerpt from her newest book Wicked Waves!!

Kai shot to his feet and was at Brooke’s bedroom door in a heartbeat, though he knew they were alone in the condo. Gazing in at the twisted sheets, he guessed she was having another dream.
“No!” she yelled in her sleep. Not a dream, but a nightmare. He moved to the side of her bed and caught her hand as she flung it in a wild, uncoordinated motion.
“Shh, Brooke,” he said gently. At least, he hoped his voice was gentle. He could pleasure a woman until she forgot her own name, but comforting one was unfamiliar territory. He held her hand, watching the rapid pulse in her neck and her erratic breathing. “Shh,” he said again, tracing small circles on her wrist.
She let out a loud breath and tugged on his hand.
“It’s just a dream,” he said, patting her head awkwardly. As he leaned forward, she pulled hard on his hand again, tucking it next to hers against her stomach, and she rolled to her side.
Now what?
He didn’t want to loom over her bed all night, but he didn’t have the heart to remove his hand. So he did the only thing he could think of, and eased onto the bed next to her. He propped himself on one elbow, his other hand entwined with hers. She sighed and snuggled her sweetly rounded bottom against him.
He stifled a groan at the contact. Her curvy, sexy ass was the first part of her he had noticed. Not that he could help it, since she turned away from him at the exact moment he walked into the room. One time he overheard her complain to her sister that it was “too big.”  That little comment gave him a monster hard-on, imagining what it would feel like to bend her over and drive into her from behind.
And now, with her soft body pressed near him, the weight of her breasts against his arm, her lilac scent wrapped around him like a drug. His cock throbbed with need, and he frowned down at her. Cuddling wasn’t what he had in mind when he imagined getting her into bed.
He studied the porcelain skin of her face, his acute night vision registering the fading flush on her cheeks. Her heart slowed and her breathing grew even, and she let out a contented, “Mmm.”
If her dream was over, maybe he could slip away soon. Ah, hell. Her sweet smell and soft curves beckoned to him. He didn’t want to leave her side. He rested his head on his arm and breathed in the fragrance of her hair, deciding to settle in for a while.

Review of Wicked Wind
5 READ IT IN ONE SITTING STARS!! So this book will definitely get you hooked on Sharon Kay and her series! Nicole is sassy and has an amazing ability. Gunnar is........there aren't words adequate to describe him. He is ALL hot alpha male. I loved that Nicole could hold her own around him. This is a HOT HOT HOT paranormal that won't disappoint! I'm reading Wicked Waves tonight!! ~ Leslie

Get Wicked Wind



Get Wicked Waves

1 comment:

  1. I loved both Wicked Wind and Wicked Waves. Can't wait until Wicked Flames comes out with Gin's story.

    ReplyDelete