Friday, February 21, 2014

Feature Author: Wylie Snow

 
 
 
WILEY SNOW

Almost every author says they wanted to write from a very early age.
Not me.
I wanted to be a detective like Nancy Drew, a witch like Sabrina, or a wildlife expert like Jim Fowler. I wanted to have my own island and make fantasies come true!
By high school, I wanted to be an archeologist complete with hat and whip, or a musician like (insert any 80's hair band here). Finally, thanks to author Alex Hailey, I found my calling...
HOTELS! The glamour, the travel, the adventures I'd have!
I did go into the hospitality industry, but only got as far as a resort in Bermuda, then promptly lost my heart to an islander. Eventually I did travel, and scuba-dive, and dine with royalty, and meet movie stars and work with wildlife, and even used up 5 seconds of fame-quotient on a soap opera.
After 18 glorious years of sun, sand and the odd hurricane, I convinced my husband and children to journey back to my home in Canada, where we live happily with two neurotic cats and a whopping big heating bill.
 
 
Like you, I love books. I adore escaping into a well-told story, whether it’s a thriller, mystery, fantasy, or romance. I read everything from young adult and family sagas to historical fiction and travelogues, and even the occasional self-help book.
New readers, be warned ... my writing reflects my eclectic tastes, so there will be genre-hopping and genre-blending. However, there are a few guaranties when you pick up a Wylie Snow book.There will be romance, there will be a happy ending (eventually), and there will be a touch of humor. I promise that every one of my books will include a laugh, a tear and a sigh.
 
 








 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment